ABRT opt-out (was Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo meeting)

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sun Dec 12 05:10:13 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 02:11:27AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
 > Dave Jones wrote:
 >
 > > On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 12:45:10PM +0100, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
 > >
 > >  > The problem here is that some maintainers doesn't want ABRT reports at
 > >  > all even those not yet reported...
 > >
 > > It's arguable that such people are 'maintainers' at all if this is the
 > > case. I find it quite sad that we have packagers who don't care about the
 > > quality of what they are packaging beyond the specfile.
 >
 > … says the maintainer of the one package in Fedora for which ABRT reports
 > the bugs directly upstream.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but there's a pretty big difference
between completely ignoring automatically filed bugs (regardless of where they're filed),
and automatically filing those bugs upstream.

Apropos of nothing: kerneloops reporting seems to have been broken ever since
we switched from using the kerneloops client to abrt, but that's another story..

	Dave