Adding packages to buildroot directly from updates-testing

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Dec 16 20:14:53 UTC 2010

On 12/16/10 10:29 AM, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> (BTW, it seems that a custom tag would generally be better than a
> buildroot override for the reasons we are discussing even if there's
> only one dependent package, unless that would put some kind of strain on
> the infrastructure.  Is a request for a custom tag more work than a
> buildroot override request for the releng team?)

A custom tag would slow things down considerably.  When doing a
buildroot override, the newRepo task can take the pre-existing repodata
into account when calling createrepo and be done fairly quickly (a few
minutes of actual createrepo time).  A new custom tag would require
creating fresh repodata from scratch which can take an hour or more of
actual createrepo time.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!