[packager interface suggestion] Adding packages to buildroot directly from updates-testing

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Dec 20 21:01:04 UTC 2010

On 12/20/2010 03:55 PM, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> Suggestion on how to express this in the packaging process:
> BuildRequires with a version requirement pulling in from updates-testing
> if the required version can not be satisfied from the stable repository.

I think a simpler idea is a minimal webapp (and perhaps a CLI interface)
that lets you login with your FAS account and request an override on a
built package that you have permissions for (and at the same time,
choose how long the override lasts from a list of predefined lengths),
and let a backend process handle the enable/disable.

~tom

==
Fedora Project