ABRT unusable again

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:05:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Jiri Moskovcak <jmoskovc at redhat.com> wrote:
> - it actually does work, but it's bug detection/analyse is too general for
> some apps, this is something we know about and it's not in our powers to fix
> (it's not even considered a bug). This is actually the reason why is ABRT
> extendible by plugins and every devel who maintains some bigger app can
> write it's own abrt plugin to make the reports to suit his needs. If devel
> doesn't want to get ABRT reports at all, he can always send me an email and
> it can be added to ABRT blacklist.

Where can information about the plugin API be found?  The abrt-plugins
man page has very little information.  It basically just says to read
PLUGINS-HOWTO "in the documentation directory".  Which documentation
directory is that?  I don't see such a file in any of the abrt-*
packages.  (I expected to find it in abrt-devel, BTW.  That package
contains only 2 symlinks.  Where are the header files?  Are they not
needed by plugin authors?)

Thanks,
--
Jerry James