koji builds: /usr/lib/rpm/pythondeps.sh: line 8: python: command not found

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Feb 9 13:03:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed this in a build.log for a successfully built package in koji:
>
> /usr/lib/rpm/pythondeps.sh: line 8: python: command not found
> [repeated 6 times]
>
> That python isn't found isn't a surprise, as for the particular
> package there's no python involvement, and so there's no python in the
> buildroot. For this particular package, it's merely a cosmetic issue,
> but I thought I'd raise it here in case it breaks other things.
>
> Build log can be seen here:
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/emacs-common-muse/3.20/2.fc12/data/logs/noarch/build.log

The internal dependency generator finds three python items in the
buildroot and does provides + requires discovery on each, thats where
the six python-not-founds come from.

In this case it's cosmetical, in some other cases it could cause missing
dependencies (in which case it'd be good to at least get a warning in the
log, instead of just silently omitting the dependencies).

The issue doesn't exist on rawhide as the dependency extraction is done
without requiring python interpreter to be available. The new method could
be pulled into F11/F12 too but doesn't seem worth the trouble: the
possibility of getting these errors has existed for 5+ years already.

 	- Panu -