Name that Tree!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Feb 13 15:48:07 UTC 2010

> Why not just call it 13 now, and 14 next time, and so on? It doesn't
> really need to have its own name that's always the same...

Mostly because it becomes awkward to talk about things in "13" before 13
is released, and when we're trying to express how things work in the as
of yet unreleased tree that is fedora 13, it gets pretty wordy.

Right now the docs read like "The Pending Fedora 13 repo" or "things go
into Pending for Fedora 13", that's the term we want to adjust.  We have
'Updates for', 'Updates testing for', 'GA for', etc...  it's just this
concept of branched, but still in bugfix/polish mode that is no longer
rawhide that we need to name.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!