No lzma sdk in fedora

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Feb 13 19:34:13 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 10:57:35 +0100,
  Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > I'll take a quick look over the weekend. We probably want to wait until
> > the branch next week anyway. I have been meaning to get back to
> > squashfs-tools in any case, as this gives me a way forward. If it looks
> > like I can figure it out, I plan on submitting a package for it.
>
> Well, personally I'd be really happy if we could sneak LZMA support for
> squashfs and livecd-creator into F13, it'd allow us to provide a better KDE
> spin while keeping CD size. But I realize we're supposed to be in feature
> freeze and schedules are tight. Still, I don't think we should wait just to
> wait. ;-)

It seems Lougher added a wrapper for xz about a week ago. I haven't tried it
out yet, but I think that will likely make it significantly easier for me
to get 4.1 into rawhide. I won't do this before the alpha, but it might
be there for the release. (Though not usuable for live images without
kernel and livecd-tools support.)