Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Feb 17 22:52:47 UTC 2010

Christoph Wickert wrote:
> This means that large updates like Gnome, KDE or Xfce will get massively
> delayed after alpha. They might not make it into one of the prereleases,
> which means they get less testing. A lot of features will no longer be
> possible in their current state.
>
> How do we address this issue?

For KDE, the same way as always, we'll just work with buildroot overrides,
we've done it during other freeze periods already. Even in the past, the
buildroots stopped being self-populating at final devel freeze. The only
change now is that this is happening 1 month earlier now.

That said, I wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to leave the buildroots
(and presumably the dist-f13 tag as well) to self-populate until the Beta
Freeze (formerly "final devel freeze"). It'd be perfectly possible to do
this even with the F13 branch existing. But I guess the decision has already
been made.

        Kevin Kofler