Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 18 00:32:33 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 17.02.2010, 06:45 -0800 schrieb Jesse Keating:
> On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 15:28 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> >
> > Right, now there no longer is early branching for selected packages on
> > demand but a general early branches for all packages.
>
> Except it's not really early.  We're now in bugfix/polish mode for
> Fedora 13, not in rapid development mode.  Rapid development for Fedora
> 14 started now.

This only works for things developed in Fedora or for projects like
Gnome, because we are closely following their schedule. Other projects
have other schedules and we need to be flexible. I really like no frozen
rawhide, but IMO we have lost some flexibility for the n+1 release.
There is more flexibility for n+2 but I doubt that anybody will/can make
use of it. We not even have a feature process for F14, so why would
anyone start a feature now?

> > I think we still need to be able to treat F-13 different than in the
> > released branches, at least before beta freeze.
>
> The beta milestone is when we're supposed to have all the bugs fixed,
> not when we stop throwing in development builds.

Right, but upgrading from Xfce 4.8 pre1 to pre2 *is* bugfixing.

Regards,
Christoph