fedora-release-rawhide, et. al.

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Feb 26 05:25:58 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 05:05:38PM -0500, James Antill wrote:
>  $releasever just changes the variable, so the URLs are all the same ...
> just with different variables. Specifically:
>
> mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
>
> ...is never going to ==
>
> https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch
>
> ...I guess if we make sure MM understands what the new numbers mean
> pretty quickly (ie. before branching) this is fine.

MM now has redirects for fedora-14 to rawhide.

Unfortunately, that's a manual step that has to be done at the
branchpoint - I haven't taught the MM directory traversal script how
to automatically detect the branch and move the redirects.  But one
script every 6 months, I can live with.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO