Meeting Summary/Minutes for (2010-01-19) FESCo meeting

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Feb 26 17:53:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:53:14 +0100
Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 02:51:46PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:34:50 +0100
> > Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
>
> > > Maybe the meetbot could be patched to only accept a topic change
> > > after a #agreed command was used (or some other command except the
> > > #action command, that creates a helpful notice in the logs). For
> > > the init process, something like "x of y Fesco members present"
> > > and list of absent members could be used.
> >
> > Possibly. Patches welcome.
>
> I just took a look into upstream's dev code and it should not be that
> hard. I also proposed this feature and some more on their irc channel
> as suggested in their docs, but it seems that nobody is currently
> around. Do you know how long it would take to get the feature form
> their dev repo into the setup used by Fedora? Is there a way to speed
> things up once the feature is included in their repo?

The developer answered you after that. ;)
Some people don't treat irc as an urgent IRQ. ;)

Once he pushes a patch, and does a release, I can update the package in
fedora and then the infrastructure machine will start using it.
We could also carry a patch I guess, but he's usually very open to
doing releases.

kevin