Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 19:32:45 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Richard Zidlicky  wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 01:49:00PM -0500, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> >
>> > Even if this might start another flamewar ... I like the idea of
>> > having less updates.
>> >
>> > The  "the version number changed so we need to update the fedora
>> > package" attitude needs to stop.
>>
>> May I ask why? Can you elaborate on why there is such a "need"? Who
>> "need's this?
>
> lots of people. Some want to review changes manually and udpate only "important"
> things,

Exactly! And we have a good tool for this. People can opt to do
selective updates. They can just ignore the "Enhancement" updates and
do the "Bugfix" updates only. They can even do a subset of these
bugfix updates if they consider the bugfixes not important.

I didn't see many users complaining that there are too many updates.
But I saw many pissed off users because they don't have certain
updates and because they are told to wait 6 months.

Orcan