Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 22:16:43 UTC 2010

Kevin Kofler (kevin.kofler at chello.at) said:
> Richard Zidlicky wrote:
> > lots of people. Some want to review changes manually and udpate only
> > "important" things,
> >
> > Others don not have gigabit internet access all around the clock. I am
> > trying to update my Netbook over a mobile connection as I write this.
>
> Those people should use a more conservative distribution. Try CentOS maybe.
> Frequent updates are an integral part of the Fedora experience.

While the ethos as defined on the wiki mentions staying close to upstream
and getting the latest software, there's nothing that says that it's done
via updates. I would not categorically state that your reading is the
only valid reading, or even close to the canonical one.

In fact, the wiki implies that this is done via the rapid release cycle,
not updates.

Bill