Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Feb 28 23:47:53 UTC 2010

Till Maas wrote:
> No, because there are updates that, e.g. require manual intervention, or
> are more likely to break a lot of stuff. These would make the difference
> between the releases.

Right. (And thanks for your replies further up this subthread, you left me
nothing more to add. ;-) )

> E.g. an update from KDE3 to KDE4 should only happen from a Fedora release
> to another, but an update from KDE 4.x.y to 4.x.y+1 would be ok.

Indeed.

> Maybe even from 4.x.y to 4.x+1.z, but I am not that familiar with KDE
> upgrades.

They're basically safe, and in fact we do this kind of updates now (see e.g.
4.4.0 which got pushed to F11 and F12).

> Or postgres updates are a kind of updates that afaik require manual
> intervention, therefore they should also only happen from release to
> release.

Right.

> There was a good list about criteria for good updates somewhere in the
> thread, I can try to find it again if you want.

I posted those. :-) You already found them, but I think versions in earlier
threads may be more complete, I may have forgotten something this time as I
didn't have much time to think of all the details nor to search for the
earlier posts.

        Kevin Kofler