Multilib help?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 19:54:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 02:08:10PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> - If the file in both packages is identical, installation is allowed
>   and the file is written
> - If the file in both packages is an ELF binary, the file used is the
>   file in the package for the primary architecture
> - If the file in both packages is not an ELF binary a RPM conflict is
>   raised

Are you sure about the third rule?

I think the problem arises because /usr/bin/libguestfs-supermin-helper
is different in libguestfs.i686 and libguestfs.x86_64, but this file
is a shell script, not an ELF binary.

These are the files in libguestfs.i686 and libguestfs.x86_64 that have
the same names but different content:

  /usr/bin/hivexget                     (ELF binary)
  /usr/bin/hivexml                      (ELF binary)
  /usr/bin/libguestfs-test-tool         (ELF binary)
  /usr/libexec/libguestfs-test-tool-helper (ELF binary)
  /usr/bin/libguestfs-supermin-helper   (shell script)

Anyway, I will move the shell script and see if that helps.

Rich.