How about firefox 3.6 in Fedora 12 ?

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Sun Jan 31 12:59:35 UTC 2010

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010, Wes Shull wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 1:05 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
> wrote:
>       Wes Shull wrote:
>       > yum --enablerepo=rawhide update firefox
>
> NEVER do that!!!
>

> If you'd taken half a minute to check, you would have seen that it sucks in
> a grand total of sqlite and xulrunner.  Yeehaw.

At the moment it does for you, though more updates may be required
depending on what you have installed, but you also have to think longer
term, because the latest Fedora release and rawhide will tend to move
apart as time goes on, so when the first Fedora 3.6 security update comes
along you may find yourself having to download most of rawhide to update
it.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that you should never install rawhide
packages on a Fedora system, but you have to be prepared to cope with the
difficulties that might result as time goes on, so I wouldn't recommend it
unless you have the skill to cope with such difficulties.

Personally I have a couple of Fedora 12 installs that I put the rawhide
Firefox 3.6 on, but those are installs that I will probably switch to
rawhide at some point anyway.

 	Michael Young