who is Petr Pisar from redhat ?

Marcela Mašláňová mmaslano at redhat.com
Fri Jul 2 12:45:32 UTC 2010

On 07/02/2010 01:55 PM, Léon Keijser wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 11:34 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 13:07:45 +0530, Rahul wrote:
>>

>>> IMO,  there is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone
>>> with commit access updating packages in Rawhide
>>>
>> Of course there is. There ought to be prior communication about such plans
>> to upgrade a package. The primary package maintainer may have good reasons
>> for not upgrading the package. Just ask!
>>
> I think you are spot-on with this comment. There probably wouldn't be
> such a discussion if the (proven)packager simply stated his intentions
> to the package maintainer.
>
> Léon

I wrote to perl-sig that we are working on perl5.12 update, which
means rebuild of all packages. Also I sent list of failed packages. Some
of them were fixed by maintainers, some of them were fixed by me or
other people from perl-sig.
I suppose every perl maintainer read perl-sig mailing list or see
changelog, which explained the change.

Marcela