please discuss: sane naming of critical path comps groups

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Jul 8 15:14:28 UTC 2010

Hiyas,

currently the critical path comps groups are named like this:

core
critical-path-base
critical-path-gnome
critical-path-apps
critical-path-kde
critical-path-lxde
critical-path-xfce

Since these groups do not share a common prefix unique to all critical
path comps groups, I want to propose to change this. E.g. there could
be
a) a critical-path-core group with the same contents as core
b) or with only a groupreq on core
c) or the critical-path-base group could get a groupreq on core.

I would welcome any of these solutions or any other that makes it
possible to easily identify all critical path comps groups with a simple
pattern like "critical-path-*", so one can easily benefit from these
groups using yum with the group filter plugin.

Reference:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Critical_path_package

Regards
Till