Developers of packages please pay attention to selinux labeling.

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 15:50:09 UTC 2010

On 07/13/2010 09:03 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> Nobody I know enables SELinux.
> smolt says about half leave it enabled:
> http://smolts.org/static/stats/stats.html
> But I'm guessing a lot of experienced users/devs
> disable it given previous experiences...
> It's a bit of a catch 22 really.

The smolt stats has some gaps but setting aside that.  68.9% has SELinux
enabled according to it.  Besides if you are a Fedora package maintainer
and do not test your package with SELinux in enforcing mode, you aren't
doing a good job.   Regardless of whether you have it enabled on your
system, you know that a large numbers of users would since it is the
default configuration resulting in a broken user experience.

Rahul