coprs and personal repos: [Was: Re: Firefox 4 for Fedora 14?]

Liang Suilong liangsuilong at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 07:21:51 UTC 2010

It looks that copr will come soon. I have a question about it.

Could we add some dependencies from other copr repo? Fedora official repo
sometimes could not offer the latest one but some packages need them.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 4:14 AM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 15:10 -0700, Dan Williams wrote:
> > > Item 4 is the main point that has been the big ticket item that things
> > > like Canonical's PPAs have hit.
> >
> > They also hit the Staples Easy Button about 1000 times.  If there's a
> > case to be made that this should be easy to do, then we should add
> > tolling to common/Makefile to:
> >
> > 1) make an srpm
>     check
>
> > 2) build it as a scratch build in koji
>     check
>
> > 3) automatically download the built packages
>     check
>
> 3.5) Sign the pkgs with your (or someone's) gpg key
>   not-so-check
>
> > 4) scp them to your fedorapeople account
>
>    unchecked
>
> > 5) run createrepo remotely on the fp account
>
>    createrepo is not fp, on purpose, this could be changed - but it's
> better to run it locally, if only b/c of whatever arbitrary arguments
> you may want to add to it - not to mention the memory constraints.
>
> > 6) generate a yum .repo file for the repo and print out a link to it or
> > something
>
>    sure. - though we'd be better off generating an rpm which contains
> the .repo file - so people could 'install' the repositories in the
> strictest sense.
>
> -sv
>

> --

Fedora && Debian User, former Ubuntu User
My Page: http://www.liangsuilong.info
Fedora Project Contributor -- Packager && Ambassador
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Liangsuilong