Firefox 4 for Fedora 14?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Jul 30 17:58:15 UTC 2010

Rahul Sundaram (metherid at gmail.com) said:
> dramatically.  Even in this thread,  I have talked about a standard way of
> accessing repositories to make it easier for users, asking remi to make
> Firefox 4 available in repo etc which has nothing to do with RPM Fusion.

Example 1:

Warning - paraphrasing:

<spot> We can't have an rpmfusion alias.
<drago01> Not even with a disclaimer?
<spot> No.
<you> Well, how about if we do this other thing?

Implication: your goal is to get more people on rpmfusion, and you want to
take any legal loopholes you can find to get there

Example 2:

<you> "To be direct, if [a] fedoracommunity.org [site] wiki documents the steps
to use RPM Fusion, is that ok according to Red Hat Legal?"

Implication: your goal is to get more people on rpmfusion, and you want to
take any legal loopholes you can find to get there

And in followup, (paraphrased):

<stickster> As long as the fedoracomunity.org subdomain points to space not
managed by the Fedora Project, we cannot control it.
<you> can I then have a mediawiki connected to FAS so I can do this?

Implication: your goal is to get more people on rpmfusion, and you want to
take any legal loopholes you can find to get there, or get Fedora to help
with this. (And you persisted in arguing with spot after he said no to
this, too.)

I don't deny that you do a lot of good for the project, or even that you
do good work in documenting patented restrictions, etc. But in *this
particular point* (enabling easier/automated/semi-automated access to
forbidden items), the constant pushing reminds me of nothing more than
a 9-year old attempting to come up with ways they can have more cookies for
dessert after they've been told no. Saying no to each particular variant is
tiring.

Bill