Fedora rawhide FTBFS status 2010-06-01 x86_64

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Jun 4 12:49:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 08:57:06AM +0200, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:
> >
> > It also doesn't report any failing packages that have subsequently
> > been built and published in koji's rawhide since 06-01. ??That should
> > cut down on the "but I just fixed that!" ??responses from now on.
>
> One question. Is committing the fix in CVS enough or do I need to also
> push an update? In my case the package missed a BR that was only used
> to do tests in the %check section, I removed it now in CVS but the
> resulting binary package is basically the same as before.

Given that we'll likely have a mass rebuild during the F14 dev cycle,
you can just fix it in CVS and wait for the mass rebuild to generate
the new pacakge.  But please leave the bug open, change to "MODIFIED"
status, until the package is rebuilt.  Otherwise, I'll wind up filing
a duplicate bug.

I'm not inclined to try to teach my scripts to pull from CVS
directly.  It's been really nice only dealing with published SRPMS,
even though there is some latency involved (packages fixed in CVS this
morning won't appear until tomorrow).

Thanks,
Matt

--