JBoss stalled (was Re: status of some packages ??)

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Jun 4 16:26:01 UTC 2010

Dne 3.6.2010 21:09, Tom "spot" Callaway napsal(a):
> You might feel that way, but the simple fact is that French citizens can
> not abandon copyright (aka put works into the Public Domain).

Do we have some better authority on this than Wikipedia? In my
understanding (in a dim memory, now long-time inactive lawyer), dual
character of copyright under the copyright law in the continental law
tradition could mean, that waiver of copyright is partially invalid (in
the part concerned with personal rights of owner), but perfectly valid
in the right to exploit economical character of the work, which is all
what matters here anyway. I would really like to see some opinion of the
real European IP law on the matter. Does anybody have URL?

Matěj
--
But if we find we have left our bones to bleach in these desert
sands for nothing, beware the fury of the legions...