rawhide report: 20100622 changes

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jun 23 06:16:32 UTC 2010

On 06/23/2010 06:50 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 02:25 +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
>> Can we query what packages were "downgraded" due to this mass
>> perl-5.12.0-rebuild
>> retag?
In most occasions, his would not be sufficient. You would have to
rebuild them.

> Hrm, that's going to be tough.

Yep ... In an ideal world, you would not have pushed packages to rawhide
with a smaller NVR than that already in rawhide and no packages with a
smaller NVR than that in older releases.

Both cases seem to have happened.

> There were also at least one case of an
> F13 update being built that was a newer version ( not just release )
> than the rawhide perl rebuild.
There are likely many more than this. Only having looked at my packages,
I already found 2 further cases.

Ralf