Feature Request: nsupdate-gss

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:56:05 UTC 2010

On 06/30/2010 06:31 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:

> NetworkManger has support for running scripts when an interface comes
> up (goes down), read the docs, it should be easy to create your
> nsupdate script and drop it in the right place.
>
> Simo.

I am looking at that and dhcp documentation now. My question is would
nsupdate be better called by NetworkManager or dhcp? From documentation
on the web, it seems I can' trust /etc/dhcp/dhclient.d to work from
NetworkManger. But from the documentation, I don't seem to be able to
get IP address change info via NetworkManager, but it seems I can from
dhcp. The url below seems to suggest the NM does NOT give a renew
message of any kind.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/293139/comments/27

Thanks for any pointers,
Trever
--
"...the measure of a man is what he will do for another man, knowing he
will get nothing in return." -- Unknown