Worthless updates

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 3 16:16:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 16:08 +0100, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>> So why we can't use it as our advantage and fill this gap?
>
> We could very well fill that gap with rapid release cycles (every 6
> months) and updates for those releases that focus on bugfix and
> security.  That is a unique role that is not filled by any current Linux
> OS.

Erm, dont take it personally please, but, have you ever used a
different distro? One example is openSUSE (yes, i use it on some boxen
here) does exactly that. What's with Debian stable? And i bet even
ubuntu is like that.

So where is that unique role? Except you mean the exact 6 month
release cycle. But who cares about that.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium