James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 3 16:48:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 17:09 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 11:02:51AM -0500, James Antill wrote:
> >  If we had less updates, that changed less things and required more
> > testing before pushing them to users ... this would be entirely
> > possible.
>
> Less updates mean more changes per update or you have more buggy
> packages, because updates usually fix bugs.

 As I would assume any programmer knows: Not all bugs are created equal.
Trading "no regressions" for "some minor bugs still remain" is a trade
lots of users are happy to make (see: every customer of every piece of
commercial software, ever).

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/releases
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/whatsnew/3.2.27