Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 16:48:35 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 07:28 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 11:52:49PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 22:37 -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> >
> >> We've made a mess and as a member of fesco I'd expect you to be helping in
> >> cleaning up the mess, not making it worse b/c fesco HAS to be about the
> >> long term growth and sustainability of fedora.
> >
> >I'm starting to think this thread needs a hall monitor. Unfortunately
> >half of them seem to be in it, swinging away.
>
> Why?  Other than one instance, which was my own, there hasn't been anything in
> this thread that I would consider hall monitor worthy.

Well, a) it's becoming an entrenched cycle of the same points over and
over, but more importantly b) both sides seem to have started imputing
sinister motives to the other, which doesn't help anyone. As far as I
can see both sides genuinely think what they're proposing is right for
Fedora, but when people start saying things like "I'd expect you to be
helping in cleaning up the mess, not making it worse" or "
The implication being that I'm not normal? I find that insulting" or
telling others in almost so many words that they shouldn't be involved
with Fedora - "If you feel that there is a niche here for what you're
trying to build, then it shouldn't be hard for you to find like minded
people to stake out your own piece of the linux user pie.  I wish you
luck with that" - it's getting perilously close to a personal argument.

> >Quis monitoret ipsos monitores? :)
>
> Nobody.  Fun, eh?

I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey