Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 16:51:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Mike McGrath wrote:
> > Alternatively, the KDE SIG could stop ignoring the problems that were
> > caused this week by the updates they released.  Even an "I'm sorry I broke
> > your desktop" would go a long way.  The update the busted my desktop
> > happened on a pretty vanilla install, I suspect lots of users experienced
> > issues.
>
> Of course we're sorry for the issues caused by our update, and we're doing
> what we can to resolve them as quickly as possible. (For example, we will be
> pushing a kde-settings update to enable Nepomuk by default so that scary
> Akonadi warning goes away. Hopefully that won't cause more chaos, crossing
> fingers. The resource-eating Strigi file indexing will stay disabled by
> default in F11 and F12, of course.)
>
> It's just that it's a more productive use of everyone's time to help fixing
> the issues instead of complaining about what's already done.

Sorry, i guess I wasn't being as clear as I could have been.

I'm not complaining about what's already done.

I'm complaining because it is going to happen again.  I just feel the
issues that have come up could not be spelled out better then they have
and I think the KDE sig has learned no lessons at all from it.

	-Mike