Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 08:28:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 02:41:46 -0500, James wrote:

> > > % yum repolist --releasever=11 updates
> > > repo id               repo name                                   status
> > > updates               Fedora 11 - x86_64 - Updates                9,390
> > This probably won't go well unless you two are talking about the right
> > terms.  I believe that Michael was talking srpm numbers, where you
> > appear to be talking binary numbers.
>
>  The Michael gave was for binary packages in FC 6 x86_64 extras:
>
> % GET http://archive.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/extras/6/x86_64/ | \
>   fgrep '.rpm' | \
>   wc -l
> 5129
>
> ...maybe he thought that was srpms though.

No, I compared that number to those displayed in bodhi, assuming they
would be the updates count instead of the tickets count. What is being
displayed in bodhi is inconsistent and misleading, as it says "3 pending"
for EPEL 4 in one place, but "7 pending" in another place. I just didn't
want to compare with F12 updates, which has a much lower package count
than FE6. Or F13, which is one arch less than FE6.