VCS key in spec files and some scripts

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Mar 5 14:53:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> Here is my first feature request: please make the fedora buildsys
> specific items optional, e.g. if there is no sources file, then just
> skip all the CVS etc. stuff, but only fetch the tarball and update the
> spec. This would make it possible to initially use the tools to create
> a spec for a review request.

That's a good idea.  Would depend on some refactoring that's overdue,
but I need to do that anyways.  I can't say when it will happen but I
hope soon.

> Also a link to an example spec would be helpful.

For just the #VCS key?  Let me instead write up a formal proposal:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Walters/Packaging_VCS_key_proposal

Spot can you add this to the agenda for a future packaging committee meeting?