Fedora 13 Alpha Go/No-Go Meeting: 2010-03-04 @ 01:00 UTC Recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 5 15:39:03 UTC 2010

> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > We have various different definitions of the Alpha, it seems. The
> > working definition that QA / rel-eng have always worked on when deciding
> > whether to ship it is, broadly, 'can you install it, boot it, get a
> > network connection, and install updates'. That's what the current Alpha
> > release criteria and validation tests aim to explicitly codify and
> > verify.
>
> But it also fails that definition and this was ignored just because it
> didn't happen in the GNOME spin (which will always be the GNOME spin, not
> the "desktop spin", but *A* desktop spin; FESCo, the Board or any other
> committee deciding otherwise doesn't change this, it's like deciding that
> apples are "fruit" and any other fruit can only be an "orange fruit", a
> "pear fruit" etc., but not a "fruit" because only apples are that). :-/

Please stop making the same point five times, I'm reluctant to reply to
you because I don't want to repeat myself all over the place.

I already explained this, multiple times, on email and IRC. I'm sorry
you're not happy with the explanation, but saying so again and again and
again isn't getting us anywhere.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey