Update question: some user data

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Mar 6 20:10:23 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 21:12 +0200, shmuel siegel wrote:
> > I thought to myself yesterday, 'what this long and fractious thread
> > about update policy *really* needs is some unscientific and
> > controversial numbers'. =) So, I ran a forum poll! Everyone loves those,
> > right?
> >

> > What do people make of this?
> >
> I think that the poll misses an important distinction. People running
> f11 are very likely to have a different opinion than people running f12.
> The responders should indicate which system they are using.

If that were the case, I'd have expected someone to bring it up in the
comments. No-one has.

I've never actually heard of anyone running FN-1 because they want a
'more stable' system; this thread was the first time I heard that
theory. In my experience, people run FN-1 because FN doesn't work for
some reason, or just because they installed it when it was FN and don't
want to take the time to upgrade...but that doesn't mean they want
'conservative' updates, necessarily.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey