Update question: some user data

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 16:05:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 10:27 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Sam 6 mars 2010 20:04, Adam Williamson a écrit :
>
> > The numbers do surprise me, to be honest. As I write this, it's 34-8 -
> > that's over 80% - in favour of 'adventurous' updates.
>
> Advanced users (those most likely to want a more stable rawhide to use it as
> primary system) use irc, mailing lists, bugzilla, etc. Normal users (those
> that need a stable Fedora so they can spend their time writing apps, doing
> i18n, etc) do not read Fedora forums (if they had this kind of time they would
> not object to adventurous time-wasting updates).

I don't think that's an assertion you have any kind of evidence to
support. It's really quite sad that half the people who've responded to
the poll have done so by attempting to poke holes in it, as it happens
not to line up with what they think.

If you think the poll is wrong - provide some data to disprove it.
Counteracting it with yet more assertions built on precisely no evidence
is not convincing.

> About the only population likely to read Fedora forums regularly are tinkerers
> that have not moved to the advanced stage and its communication channels,

Wow, condescending much?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey