Proposed udpates policy change

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Mar 8 23:12:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 11:21:45PM +0100, Sven Lankes wrote:

> If Fesco is aiming at getting rid of all the pesky packagers maintaining low
> profile packages: You're well on your way.

So, no, that's not the intent and it's realised that this is a problem.
We need to work on making it easier for users to see that there are
available testing updates and give feedback on them. This is clearly
going to take a while, and there'd undoubtedly going to be some
difficulty in getting updates for more niche packages through as a
result. If people have further suggestions for how we can increase the
testing base then that would be awesome, but the status quo really
doesn't seem sustainable.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org