Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Mar 9 01:34:49 UTC 2010

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 20:05 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> I updated it to mention the ticket handling.
>
> I just wonder, is there no verification done one the request, e.g. is
> everybody allowed to request a build override or is it restricted to
> package (co)maintainers and provenpackagers?
> I only found this regarding verification:
>
> | Buildroot overrides usually means that something is soname bumping. Be
> | sure this is a sane update to do in Fedora
>
> How is this handled?

Not very well (:  It's very vague and not helpful I understand.  We
don't really do any verification that the person requesting the override
is the person owning the package, we've just assumed that the requester
knew what they were doing for the most part.  As far as "sane update",
we've seen recently that this is a very... varied meaning, so it's
probably best to remove this and instead reference the current update
guidelines we have.  I think it's something of a gut feeling as far as
whether the update should be questioned.  Updating something like python
and requiring everything to be built against it would not be OK, but
that's a pretty extreme end of the spectrum.

> > https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/report/3 can help you somewhat see the
> > open tickets, if there is a tag request ticket assigned to rel-eng@ that
> > means it likely hasn't been operated on.
>
> This query only reports tickets assigned to rel-eng@ in the component
> koji, I guess it is more accurate or are there many tag requests that
> are not in the koji component?

Because the releng trac is a webform, and we have more than one
component, users have accidentally picked the wrong component for the
tag requests, and have accidentally forced assignment of the tickets.
For those reasons I thought it best to look at every ticket and examine
the subject line to see if it's a tag request or not, as humans cannot
be trusted to not make mistakes :/

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!