Proposed udpates policy change

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 9 09:04:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Sven Lankes <sven at lank.es> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 09:59:29PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>
>> Before being added to updates, the package must receive a net karma of
>> +3 in Bodhi.
>
> [...]
>
>> It is the expectation of Fesco that the majority of updates should
>> easily be able to garner the necessary karma in a minimal space of time.
>
> I don't know what to say.
>
> If Fesco is aiming at getting rid of all the pesky packagers maintaining low
> profile packages: You're well on your way.

Very well said.

What i clearly miss is the Boards vision given to FESCo. Or am i wrong
here and it's FESCo who decides what will happen and the Board says,
well yeah, lets try that. We can always clean up and change it after
the train wreck? Or does the Board have nothing to do with it at all?

Well, a clean up isn't needed if it becomes a train wreck, it will be
already cleaned out.

Or with other words, is there a statement of the Board, officially
making clear what *they* want, with a link to it?
What FESCo want is clear meanwhile. By the way, is there some
documentation on how to vote out particular FESCo members and who can
do it? Just in case one thinks that a particular member of FESCo is
wrongly voted in. Or is that like with politicians, once elcected you
lost.
Same question for Board members.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. I hope it's clear that this is not trolling, but searching for
some clarity on the hierarchy and what the small developer can do if
he feels something is wrong.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium