Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 12:56:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Chris Adams wrote:

> You'd be looking at a typical peak of around 5 months between upstream
> release and Fedora release, with an average of more like 2-3 months,
> which is a lot different from the 6 months that keeps being repeated as
> the waiting time for something new.

I don't think this calculation is right. Assuming the conservative
updates perception, we can't have a drastic change in F-13 right now.
A drastic change will have to wait until F-14, which is in November.
So the peak time as of now is 8 months. I think 6 months is a
reasonably good estimate for an average.

Orcan