Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 11 19:56:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 12:21 -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
>> Paul: Jesse Keating provided a draft policy for what updates should be
>> done.  Board will take this into consideration, if necessary, in
>> another round of discussions (not this meeting).
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Stable_Release_Updates_Proposal
>
> Here is the link.  I'm going to start a new thread here.
>
> Feedback welcome.

Should there be a caveat for cases like I'm dealing with right now --
pidgin-sipe 1.9.0 provides both security fixes and new features
compared to pidgin-sipe 1.8.1.

If these guidelines are to be followed, then I both should (security
fixes) and shouldn't (new features) be pushing this release into F12
and F11.

(And if the answer is "backport the security fixes to 1.8.1" then I'm
afraid I don't really have the skills nor have the time to spend on
such massive effort).

Regards,
--
McGill University IT Security