Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 23:18:08 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 16:05 -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> I'd expect people that want 100% Free to use gNewSense. I'm not sure how
> you define "more ammeniable to new contributors", so that's harder to
> address. Still, I think it's clear that at least some people use Fedora
> *because* it is leading (yes, almost bleeding) edge.
>
> And this is going to kill that. (Or will if it gets enforced.)

Fedora can still be (b)leading edge in the technologies it picks up for
its releases.  At the same time it can retain stability after the
release has been released.  Every 6 months, a new bleeding edge release
picking up all the kinds of things Fedora is the first to integrate.

Stop trying to drag rawhide into our releases.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!