Orphaning DR17 and EFL

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 16 21:11:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

im orphaning:

e_dbus
ecore
edje
eet
efreet
embryo
emotion
epeg
epsilon
evas
ewl
libeina

Reason:
The problem started with my co-maintainer cassmodiah, building embryo
.063 release for F-13 without waiting for me to have the complete
chain built at least locally and having it tested. That's the way i do
my packaging stuff. Nothing terribly bad so far, he just wanted to
help me.

While i was fiddling with some DSO problem i had some talk with
upstream. Upstream recommended to me to deprecate some packages since
they aren't supported anymore, but change the chain to their DR17 and
EFL release 1.0 that's soon coming up.
http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Packaging

I was waiting for that release to get it eventually into F-13. At some
point, a few days ago, i decided that i can't wait for it for F-13 and
was thinking about using epoch to downgrade embryo again. Thankfully,
cwickert made the point that i could ask rel-eng to get this build
untaged. I made a ticket for it with rel-eng and had another one to do
with FESCo since rel-eng couldn't do it on it's own. Both rel-eng and
FESCo did a perfect job there and decided the right thing for the
enduser to get it untaged. Thank you very much again.

The real reason to get the packages orphaned is the continued
annoyance of cwickert on IRC (#fedora-de), trying to force me into the
role of the bad guy there, since he did not understand the problem,
even not in the FESCo Meeting from today. See the FESCo ticket to get
a hint of what was going on in #fedora-de.
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/355
Trying to force anybody into pushing an untested release into F-13.
You can see that even in the Meeting log. Instead of let me do my job
as package maintainer. So i'm really sick and tired and give it away.

Coming back to that social problem mentioned. The rel-eng ticket was
clearly mentioned in #fedora-de and even to cassmodiah (if i have to
upload backlogs, cassmodiah == boelkmoeller3), not just by me, but as
well by cwickert. Everything was talked about, as well what i want to
do.
The only social problem here was an arrogant and stubborn cwickert.
Sorry, but i can't stand a liar.

If someone want to grab the packages, feel free.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium