Upstream bugs vs. Fedora bugs: KDE people do it wrong

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Mar 31 12:41:06 UTC 2010

On 03/31/2010 02:28 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 03/31/2010 05:50 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>> Why do you advocate WONTFIX over FIXED RAWHIDE?
>>>
>> Because it is how s user perceives it.
>>
> I don't think engaging in mind reading on behalf of users is a good
> argument.  I fixed it in Rawhide and I believe informing the user is
> important.
Well this is what I call "cheating the user" and "maintainer lying at
themselves about their package's state" and why I consider "FIXED
RAWHIDE" to be non-helpful.

The maintainer did not fix the bug a "reporter" filed, but left it
unresolved and fixed another bug: Another incarnation of the same bug
waiting to hit the users in the next release.