Overriding RPM macros

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sun May 2 13:16:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

--- On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl> wrote:
| Look how %configure is defined (with macros substitued):
|
|   rpm --eval '%configure'
|
| If your path is not listed there, it will not be used, as the
| configure script internally will only refer to environment
| variables.
\--

I see.

---
| Changing the spec file so that you set
|
|   export CC=/path/to/compiler-gcc
\--

This worked. I am wondering if it is possible to export CC, AS, LD and
any other variables without having to patch the .spec file? Sourcing a
file listing all the variables is one option. Is there something that
rpmbuild can import in its environment before starting the build,
perhaps?

Thanks for your reply,

SK

--