Res: Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue May 4 18:14:59 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating wrote:
> This involved doing another build of the package, which could involve
> changes in the buildroot and anomalies in the build process.  Ask DaveJ
> some time about what happened to his kernel builds when the build host
> did a clock adjustment during the build.  Shit happens, and making
> assumptions that just because the build completed that nothing went
> wrong is a great way to make a fool of yourself.

Some risks are so low that they're basically negligible. If the 2 options
are keeping an existing regression (which missed testing) in updates for a
few more days or risking the off chance that there MAY be another regression
with a probability of 1 in a million or something in that order of
magnitude, I'll take the risk any day! If that kind of risk is too high for
you, I hope you don't ever use a car, it might crash, you know?

        Kevin Kofler