Reasons for hall monitoring

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 10 10:48:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 11:33 +0200, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> Dne 10.5.2010 11:26, drago01 napsal(a):
> > To have stuff just work.
>
> Go to http://senate.gov/ and ask your congressman to fix it. Otherwise
> (for example if you don't have your congressman because you are not a
> U.S. citizen), you can also try to move Red Hat's headquarters outside
> of U.S. (although I am not sure, it would be enough, you would probably
> ask its biggest clients to move).

That's the wrong argument. We all know why we _can't_ make it just work,
but that doesn't excuse us. Sorry to take a well-worn analogy, but if
two guys are trying to sell you cars, and one doesn't have an engine,
would the fact that the guy selling the car with no engine has a *really
good and inarguable reason* why it doesn't have an engine make you buy
that car? Hell no. You'd buy the car with the engine.

Just because we have a *really good reason* we can't ship this stuff
doesn't mean we are excused from the fact that it's a distinct negative
for the use of our operating system as a general-purpose desktop
operating system.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey