Retire glib and gtk+ 1.2 from rawhide?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon May 10 14:58:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 00:04 -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:

> That doesn't mean we should throw it to the wayside. If it works, it works. As
> long as someone is there to maintain it, let them maintain it. If the
> maintainer is willing to keep it going, who cares whether it's in the distro?
> In fact, why is this discussion occuring without the gtk+ maintainer involved?
> You'd think he'd have a say in it before the crowd wantonly decided to drop
> his packages.

If you want my opinion as the upstream GTK+ maintainer (thankfully, I
got out of being the gtk+ package maintainer a few years ago), I don't
particularly care if some people enjoy maintaining long-obsolete
software from the 90s in some dark corner of the repository, but I
certainly don't want to see any of it close to the default install.

Matthias