Increase grub timeout

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Tue May 18 14:52:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 15:43 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:34:22AM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
>
> > Of course it shouldn't be zero. This is what I was saying yesterday. Now
> > if Fedora is really targeting end users who are non-technical (can we
> > decide this finally, sometime, please?) then this is valid. But if it's
> > true that we favor experienced computing users, it should not be zero.
>
> The logic here is unclear.

As a technical user, it's another thing I immediately have to "fix"
post-install, usually by rebooting a couple of times to make sure I get
into grub at just the right moment. But moreso, it's become expected on
Linux systems that one will get some kind of bootloader prompt/timeout.

If it were up to me, there'd be a full bootloader prompt back too :)

Jon.