Mono.Cecil and monodevelop

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue May 18 18:48:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

> > As the new MD relies on a version of Mono.Cecil which is newer than the
> > version in gac is it permissible to ship MD-2.4 with this newer version?
> > The version in gac remains untouched by this new version so other
> > applications reliant on the old version will still run.
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to instead update the packaged version of
> mono.cecil and fix any older apps?

It depends is the easy answer. Quite a lot of apps rely on the old
version and to fix them may not be simple.

I personally would prefer to create a mono.cecil package by itself which
everything else sucks from...

TTFN

Paul

--
Biggles was quietly reading his favourite book when Algy burst through
the door. Distracted for a moment, Biggles surveyed what had happened