Meego in Fedora repos?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon May 31 09:12:46 UTC 2010

Hi Kevin,

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Peter Robinson wrote:
>> Not decided about the handset side of things yet. The vast majority of
>> the components from "MeeGo Core" are already in rawhide (and F-13 for
>> that matter). Most of the Netbook UX stuff is. Some of the handset
>> stuff can't yet compile on rawhide due to newer QT components but
>> it'll be a couple of months before we see most of the handset UI
>> components so there's no point looking at it until that point in time.
>
> If you need any help on the Qt side, please contact us at the KDE SIG, we'll
> help you out with it.
>
> I'll note that we already have Qt 4.7 Beta in Rawhide and will import
> RC/final stuff once it's ready. (We could also import a git snapshot if
> really needed.) I presume you'll also need Qt Mobility packaged and
> imported? Is there anything else you need from Qt?

Thanks for the offer. The initial release of qt-mobility seems to need
4.6.x and does compile against the Qt in Fedora. I presume they'll
bring it up to support 4.7 sometime before long. I'm still reviewing
the requirements so I'm not exactly sure what they are but I'll
certainly let you know when I know more.

Peter