Detecting systems booting with GRUB2 in anaconda

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:15:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:00 PM,  <alekcejk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> There is nothing about GRUB2 in Installation Guide

I'm not sure why there would be an expectation that their would be.
Fedora doesn't use Grub2. There are many possible bootloaders that
could be on a system. Do we mention any of them by name anywhere?
We do have this just above the snippet you quote:

"You may have a boot loader installed on your system already. An
operating system may install its own preferred boot loader, or you may
have installed a third-party boot loader.If your boot loader does not
recognize Linux partitions, you may not be able to boot Fedora"

How do we make it any clearer than that?

-jef